Foodiva's Kitchen: Poetry Thursday #7 and Eggless Chocolate Mousse

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Poetry Thursday #7 and Eggless Chocolate Mousse

 Poetry Thursday #7:
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)

i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

i carry your heart with me by E. E. Cummings

Yes, it's so easy to drown yourself in a thick pool of chocolate as this one, isn't it? Except that it's a mousse, an eggless one. A wait-less one, I should say (although it won't make you weight-less, unfortunately). Who has the time to whip, whip, whip when you can just stir, stir, stir?



It's not vegetarian, but that's okay because neither am I. The marshmallows used in this recipe provide the gelatine to set the whole mixture rather instantly. Which means literally no waiting around for the mousse to set in the fridge and all that palava. Great for a quick, emergency dessert for when guests come around unannounced (hate that but love the fact that they'll be very impressed by this beautiful, glistening mousse!). Oh yes, I definitely carry this mousse in my heart, and my heart probably hates me for it. Physiologically speaking. 




This recipe is by Nigella Lawson from her Nigella.com site. If we can't totally be the Domestic Goddess that she is, maybe eating a healthy portion(s) of this instant chocolate wonder will reward us with her amazing figure. Well, one can only hope, no?



Eggless Chocolate Mousse
Serves 4-6 persons
Ingredients:
150g mini marshmallows
50g soft butter
250g good dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids), chopped into small pieces
60ml hot water from a recently boiled kettle
1 x 284ml tub double cream (heck, I just used 300ml)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method:
1. Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water in a heavy-based saucepan.
2. Put the saucepan on the stove, over heat, though keep it fairly gentle, to melt the contents, stirring every now and again. Remove from the heat.
3. Meanwhile, whip the cream with the vanilla extract until thick, and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture.
4. Pour or scrape into 4 glasses or ramekins, about 175ml each in capacity, or 6 smaller (125ml) ones, and serve or chill until you want to eat. Do not make it too far in advanced before eating to enjoy the smooth consistency.

3 comments:

Joyti said...

Wow, that looks delicious and so decadent.

Baking Barrister said...

1. love ee cummings. especially his punctuation and capitalization.

2. instant gratification! ah, you've read my mind.

3. what is that blue thing? funky and cool.

Unknown said...

Joyti@Indie.Tea, thank you for visiting and commenting. Love your blog!

S @Baking Barrister, here are my replies to your comments:
1. love his poems too, because like some word processing software, I always have this urge to correct his punctuation!
2. this is the best kind of instant there is! Especially as far as food is concerned.
3. was hoping nobody would ask me this.. I think it's a vase, but you can only fill it with so much water - or maybe the flowers were meant to be placed in that gaping hole in the middle? Don't even ask me what the mousse was doing in that vase, it just seemed like a cool idea at the time! LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails